With the ability to set up and configure QoS, these Gigabit Plus Switches can detect different types of network traffic and assign the desired priority to latency-sensitive traffic, such as voice and video. This helps improve the delivery quality of related applications such as VoIP, multimedia broadcasting, and video conferencing.
IGMP Snooping for Optimized Multimedia Traffic Delivery
By listening in on the IGMP conversation between hosts and routers, the Gigabit Plus switch can maintain a map as to which links need which IP multicast streams. The switch will be able to forward multicast traffic only to the links that have asked for them and cut multicast traffic from links that do not contain a multicast listener. Essentially, IGMP snooping helps optimize multicast performance at Layer 2 and is especially useful for bandwidth-intensive IP multicast applications such as IPTV.
Build Multiple Network Groups
These Gigabit Plus Switches can help divide big networks into smaller more manageable groups and have resources dedicated for one or several groups rather than making the same resources open to all. This feature improves overall network performance, adds security to network traffic, and makes more efficient use of network resources.
Troubleshoot Cable Problems
All Gigabit Plus Switches come with a cable diagnostic feature that enables users to easily find out the health status of their network cables. If there are any problems, this feature helps quickly locate the point where the cabling fails; allowing connectivity issues to be fixed much faster, potentially saving technicians hours of troubleshooting.
- Weight (kg) : 3.25kg (7.17lb)
- Dimensions (WxDxH) mm : 440 x 204 x 43.3mm (17.3 x 8.0 x 1.7in)
- Gigabit Ports : 48-Port
- 10 Gbps Port : n/a
- SFP : 2
- Number of PoE ports : 2
- Total PoE Power budget (Watts) : n/a
- Max MAC entries : n/a
- Buffer size : 1.5MB
- VLAN (Number Supported) : 4K
- Number of LAGs & number of members : Static & LACP ( 8 LAGs with max 8 members in each LAG )
- Supported Mulitcast groups : 64
- Max number of source ports allowed (many to 1) : 49
- Internal/External : Internal
- 100-240V, 50-60Hz, 1.0A max
- Max consumption (Watts) : 30W
- FAN : Fanless
- Acoustic Noise Level @25C (dBA) : 0 dBA (Fanless)
- Operating Temperature : 0 to 50C (32 to 122F)
- MTBF : 10132012
- Electromagnetic Compliance (A or B) : A
- This product is backed by a NETGEAR Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty.
- Lifetime Next Business Day Hardware Replacement. Click here for coverage, availability and terms and conditions.
- ProSUPPORT 24×7 Advanced Technical Support via phone for 90 days (Remote diagnostics performed by our technical experts for prompt resolution of technical issues). ProSUPPORT coverage can be extended by purchasing one, three, or five year contracts.
- ProSUPPORT Lifetime 24×7 Advanced Technical Support via chat.
There are no reviews yet.