2 Dedicated SFP+Fiber uplinks/stacking ports
Dedicated SFP+ ports provides fiber uplinks without sacrificing any downlink Gigabit port. Dedicated SFP+ ports provide not only redundant uplinks, but can also build dual redundancy by a trunked uplink with link aggregation and failover redundancy. Note that stacking requires the use of SFP+ (10G) modules only.
2 Dedicated 10GBASE-T uplink/stacking ports
Dedicated 10GBASE-T port support 10G/1G/100M speeds and can be used for redundant uplinks, or stacking at 10G speeds only.
Now stacking with 10G switches
S3300 switches can stack with M4300-12X12F and M4300-24X 10G models. M4300 models scale down to S3300 feature set when mixed stacking.
Stacking with up to 6 switches and 40G bi-directional bandwidth
Improved network reliability and resiliency. Easy management and great Solution for virtualized environments.
Dynamic VLAN Assignment
IP phones and PCs can authenticate on the same port but under different VLAN assignment policies. Users are free to move around and enjoy the same level of network access regardless of their physical location in the network.
A simple way to provide segmentation of the network with internal routing through the switch – reserving the router for external traffic routing only, making the entire network more efficient.
Comprehensive IPv6 Support for Management, ACL and QoS
Build current network with future in mind. Ensure investment protection and a smooth migration to IPv6-based network without switch replacement.
IGMP Snooping and MLD Snooping
Facilitate fast receiver joins and leaves for multicast streams. Save cost and improve network efficiency by ensuring multicast traffic only reaches designated receivers without the need of an extra Multicast router.
Robust Security Features
Build a secured, converged network with all types of traffic by preventing external attacks and blocking malware while allowing secure access for authorized users.
Port-based security by locked MAC
ACL filtering to permit or deny traffic based on MAC and IP addresses
Auto-Voice and Auto-Video
Automatic Voice over IP prioritization with Auto-VoIP simplifies most complex multi-vendor IP telephone deployments either based on protocols (SIP, H323 and SCCP) or on OUI bytes (default database and user-based OUIs) in the phone source MAC address; providing the best class of service to VoIP streams (both data and signaling) over other ordinary traffic by classifying traffic, and enabling correct egress queue configuration. When deployed IP phones are LLDP-MED compliant, the Voice VLAN will use LLDP-MED to pass on the VLAN ID, 802.1P priority and DSCP values to the IP phones, accelerating convergent deployments.
Comprehensive QoS Features
Advanced controls for optimized network performance and better delivery of mission-critical traffic such as voice and video.
Port-based or 802.1p-based prioritization
Layer 3-based (DSCP) prioritization
Port-based ingress and egress rate limiting
Ensure IP address allocation integrity by allowing only clients with specific IP/MAC addresses to have access to the network.
Dual Firmware Images and Configuration Files
Dual firmware image and dual configuration file for transparent firmware updates/configuration changes with minimum service interruption.
Ensure no exchange of unicast, broadcast, or multicast traffic between the protected ports on the switch, therefore, improve the security of your converged network where your sensitive phone conversation can stay private and your surveillance video clips can be forwarded to their designated storage device without leakage or alteration.
Dynamic ARP Inspection
Prevents a class of man-in-the-middle attacks, where an unfriendly station intercepts traffic for other stations by poisoning the ARP caches of its unsuspecting neighbors.
Multicast VLAN Registration
Eliminates the replication of the same multicast traffic for every VLAN by sending multicast traffic only on to the dedicated multicast/source VLAN, resulting in more efficient utilization of network bandwidth.
EAV (Ethernet Audio/Video Bridging) support
Extends Ethernet usage to support multimedia streaming. The Ethernet AVB standard adds QoS (Quality of Service) features like time-synchronized low latency streaming services and bandwidth reservation to make it possible to carry professional quanity audio and video signals on a standard Ethernet line.
- Weight (kg) : 3.14kg
- Dimensions (WxDxH) mm : 440 x 257 x 43mm
- Model Description : Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch (24 GE ports, 4 10G ports)
- Number of 10G Ports : 4 Dedicated (2 Copper and 2 Fiber)
- Ordering Number : GS728TX
- Number of PoE/PoE+ ports : None
- Total PoE Power budget (Watts) : N/A
- Max MAC entries : 16K
- VLAN (# Supported) : 256
- Number of LAGs & # of members : 26 LAGs with max 8 member in each LAG
- Number of priority queues : 8
- Stacking bandwidth : 40G bi-directional
- Internal/External Power Supply : Internal
- Max Power Consumption (Watts) : 28.18w
- Number of FANs : 1
- Acoustic Noise Level @25C (dBA) : 40
- Operating Temperature : 32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C)
- MTBF : 278,559 hours
- Electromagnetic Compliance (A or B) : A
- Warranty: This product is backed by a NETGEAR ProSAFE® Limited Lifetime Hardware Warranty.
- Lifetime Next Business Day Hardware Replacement. Click here for coverage, availability and terms and conditions.
- Support : ProSUPPORT 24×7 Advanced Technical Support via phone for 90 days (Remote diagnostics performed by our technical experts for prompt resolution of technical issues). ProSUPPORT coverage can be extended by purchasing one, three, or five year contracts.
- ProSUPPORT Lifetime 24×7 Advanced Technical Support via chat.